Friday, July 16, 2010

Elvis Presley: "Girl Happy"


One of Elvis' many "soundtrack" recordings from the hugely popular feature films he starred in fifty years ago.... or more.

To tell the truth I was a bit young when these LPs and their corresponding films were first released. I saw the movies on black and white television in my pre-adolescent years, and I had three older sisters who certainly dug everything about Elvis. I came across these LPs much later and added them to my collection more or less for the fun of it. If Elvis is anything, he is light-hearted and fun - at least in these movies.



So, this particular LP ended up with a collector in Canada, and watching the online auction for it was quite rewarding, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Girl Happy is my favorite movie.
    I'm glad you used this album for your photos.

    George Vreeland Hill

    ReplyDelete